Thursday, June 26, 2014

"Everything is temporary, this too shall pass."- IUI #1 June 2014

The burning in my eyes is a constant reminder and all my feelings of anger, guilt, and frustration come rushing right back in an instant. Yesterday morning didn't start off exactly the way I had planned. In fact, it was one of the worst mornings I've had in awhile. I was hoping to sleep in til about 8am or so. I would then have breakfast with my hubby, shower, and head to work for the day.

Never undertimate me or my smile because  deep inside there's a woman crying with hope and dreams of becoming a mother once again and giving my child that  sibling she's been asking for,  but  am not losing hope because everything happens for a reason and everything falls into place in due time .....
 Instead, I woke up and couldn't resist the urge to take yet another pregnancy test. I had secretly been taking them all week and was convinced that Mondays was positive. I was on cloud 9 all day and started dreaming about how I would tell Barry, when I would start showing, and ways to share the news with family and friends. But on Tuesday morning, instead of the faint line getting darker, there was no line. Hmm.. That's weird, I thought to myself, but didn't let it ruin my day. This was 13 days past our IUI. If I was pregnant, something should show up- even a faint line would do. But again, nothing...

Given up

I broke the news to Barry while making us french toast. I could see the disappointment on his face and I broke down. 
A flood of questions came rushing into my head:

"Why is this happening to us?"
"Haven't we been through enough?'
"How much more can we take?"
"What if we never have children?

We I cried for the next hour while my husband just held me. All he could do is just look away, staring off into the distance, like he couldn't believe what was happening. I kept asking him what he was thinking, but he had no words. 
This only made me feel worse. I started to feel guilty. 

#infertility

"Why can't I get pregnant?"
"What's wrong with ME?"
"His numbers were above amazing... it's got to be ME"

Accept what is, let go what was, believe in what will be

With bright red eyes, I looked over at the clock and realized I needed to get in the shower because I was going to be late for work; the last place I wanted to be. I tried to cover my puffy eyes with some makeup, put a fake smile on my face, and headed to work. 
Yesterday was hard. 
Today is a little easier.

Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.

Time always heals all wounds, but with infertility you don't have much time to pick up the pieces. I start more medication tomorrow and we have already scheduled our next months ultrasound for IUI #2. We are praying for a better result next month, but trying to take everything day by day :)
Thanks for all the love and support from our family and friends. 
We couldn't get through this without all of you! 
XOXO
Sarah 
infertility quotes | Serendipity / Quotes on Infertility « One little pink line short of ...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. Thanks for sharing your story. I love your quotes :) Never give up hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jennifer! It's hard to share what we are going through, but it gives me comfort to connect with others going through similar situations for support! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog :)

    ReplyDelete