Monday, April 28, 2014

Our 1st IUI scheduled!

im gonna make it happen #motivationalmonday

We now have a diagnosis and a plan! Barry and I met with Dr. Will on Wednesday, April 23rd at 10:45am ... 11:25am to discuss all of our tests and to figure out where we go from here. Our meeting went very well and we learned a lot.. I think Barry more than me ;) 
("Wait, when you say 2 or 3 eggs, you mean we could have twins or triplets?!?"- Barry) 

I think this is the way it was with Kayla, Cameron, and I!! Haha:)

   Cute photo for babies, maybe friends that have kids around the same time or multiples.
Dr. Will went over all my blood work numbers and was happy with where my thyroid levels are currently at, as well as my prolactin (17.1- goal is below 20) and AMH (8.2- doc wanted this to be at least a 2). I yelled out a BOOM when he told me how high my AMH levels where and Doc and I high-fived haha.. You have to have some fun with dealing with all this, right?!

2 minions
He also showed us the pictures and results of my SIS ultrasound. He said everything looked great and my uterus was perfect! (I personally think it will be prettier with a baby in there!) He said I have 20 follicles in one ovary and 18 on the other side. That is double what he said is a good amount! Yeah for overachieving! :) He also went over Barry's numbers and all is well in that department. He is overachieving as well!
(I don't want to be the only one bragging LOL)


So with all these great results, my thoughts went to, "Why can't we get pregnant?" Dr. Will explained that we have around a 10% of conceiving every month with perfect timing. He used the term "unexplained infertility" in our situation, but did have a plan that he believes with work for us. (and increase our chance of conceiving to 20%!)

Here it is...
Femara+IUI= baby (hopefully!)

I will start taking 5 mg of femara, also know as letrozole on my cycle days 3-7.
I will start using an ovulation predictor kit or (OPK's) on cycle day 10.
As soon as I get a positive, I will call our doctor's office to schedule the IUI for the next day! 
We will wait for a LOOONG two weeks and then be able to take a pregnancy test to see if it worked! 

We should be starting this process in early May and know early June if it worked :) 

Please keep us in your prayers! 
XOXO
Sarah 
I will buy this for my baby if this works! Fingers crossed and praying. #IUI
This outfit is a MUST if this works! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment